Friday, June 22, 2007

The Mists of Morning

Once again, too much time has passed since I posted last. I have been so busy with my business, Whimsies Boutique, I've hardly had a moment to breathe! Above is a pair of earrings I created just last night. They're called "The Mists of Morning". They're made of pale Blue Agate Rounds, 6mm Indian Sapphire Swarovski Crystals, 4mm Light Azore Swarovski Crystals and Bali Silver hung on Sterling Silver earwires. The beads themselves whispered their name to me the moment I placed them together. :) Ah, see, there is the writer in me peeking out!

I'm still enjoying my Etsy store (whimsiesboutique.etsy.com) though I'm slightly disappointed that I haven't made more sales. It takes a while to break into a new site though, so I'm not being too hard on myself yet.

I've had a bunch of special orders lately, which take up the most time, as it is no longer my own vision I'm trying to bring to fruition with gemstones, but rather me trying to capture the vision of someone else, and play it out in a way that hopefully goes even beyond their expectations.

I am severely disappointed though that the bead show I have been attending (okay, I've been there twice, but still) has seemed to drop off the face of the earth. When I was there last, they told me that there would be another in September, same as last year. But yesterday when I logged on to their website, there was no listing at all for that show for the rest of the calendar year! Living in the Northeast, there are not a lot of Bead Shows around here. Even the one I was speaking of required a 2 1/2 hour drive. But it was totally worth it for the variety of unusual beads at rock-bottom prices I always came home with. *Sigh*

Well, I'm off. I have a huge Firefighter Birthday party to throw for my middle son, who is turning 4 tomorrow and aside from the presents, I have virtually nothing done. I am such a procrastinator!

No comments: