Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Sunday!


It's Superbowl Sunday, everybody! Sportsfans all over the world, unite! Well, at least in the United States.
I never really was much of a football fan, to be honest (gimme baseball over football any day), but after marrying a German and living abroad for several years, I'd say my knowledge of the sport is almost non-existent. I do know that the Bears are playing the Colts, but I couldn't tell you the name of a single player on either team. But will I be watching? You bet! Any excuse to throw a party.
You see, I love to cook. And hors d'oeuvres are one of my favorite things to prepare. I'll be serving everything from the traditional chicken wings in a homemade ginger marinade and cheesy sausage dip with tortilla chips, to bruschetta on garlic toast, brie, proscuttio, and a White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake for dessert. Thankfully, I've got a very willing husband to help me dispose of all this food!
Colts or Bears, who wins doesn't matter, as long as I remain the Queen of the Kitchen. ;)

No comments: