Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Infinate Possibilities...


So, we just got back from spending the weekend with my Grandparents at their home near Harrisburg. We had such a great time. We spent the days playing with the kids in the pool (the water was 85 degrees!) and the evening sitting around the table playing cards, chatting and laughing hysterically. I love my family!
Being the bead-obsessed girl that I am, on the morning after we arrived, I borrowed my grandmother's phone book and did a quick perusal for bead shops. I found one in nearby Carlisle, and luckily, my Grandma and Aunt were happy to drive me there. They used to own a jewelry store, so they know a little bit about my sickness. ;)
The bead shop was called Infinity Beads, and they had a wide selection of gemstones, crystals, glass, silver and anything a beader could want or need. I had given myself a mission, however, to find something unique and unusual and stake my claim on it. After more than an hour of "scanning" it was time to get serious and make my choices. I ended up with some great-looking chartreuse pottery beads and some tribal carved bone which will become a bracelet and earrings. I also found some neat-looking seed pods called "tears of Job", which are going to make fabulous earrings. I bought enough for two pair, because I am definitely keeping one for myself! I love taking the ordinary and turning it into something incredibly unique.
I'll update you on how they turn out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, I LOVE those greenish-goldish ones. Very pretty.

As a side note, I never knew your full name was Christiana. You don't hear that one very often, so when I see Christy or Christie, I always think "Christine or Christina). I like Christiana better.

okay, I'll stop being a name nerd now. ;)

Andrew Thornton said...

Oh, very cool finds! I too like your ceramic finds. They remind me of some Elaine Ray beads that I picked up in Raleigh once.